ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIAL GOVERNANCE
OUR SUSTAINABILITY JOURNEY
At Bristol, we aim to manage our resources responsibly to preserve Earth’s. We understand the actions of one, adds up to big changes. From the materials we choose and the partners we work with, and the testing bodies we use to certify our products, we take great care to ensure we keep our operations environmentally sustainable, for us and for mother nature.
HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLBEING
Bristol is committed in being a company that is responsible to the environmental, health and safety of the community, by the following principles:
- Comply with legal and other legislative requirements regarding the environment, occupational health and safety.
- Prevent environmental pollution through compliance to safety standards and continual improvement of operational and manufacturing processes.
- Promote knowledge on well-being at work and home and the prevention of occupational injury and ill health.
- Bristol implements various environmental, health and safety management programs to fulfill our objectives.
- Commitment to dispose of scraps and waste through authorized recycling or disposal
- centers to ensure the materials may be repurposed without impact to the environment and do not end up in landfills.
- Conserve energy through improvement of processes and more sustainable products with safer material chemistry.
- Identify hazards, assess and control risk to provide the community a safe work environment.
- Provide each member of the Bristol with training, skills, knowledge and awareness on environmental, health and safety.
INCLUSIVITY & DIVERSITY
Our commitment to Human Rights and Equal Opportunities. Bristol is committed to be an organization that adhere and support the principles contained within the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
In conducting our business, we will continuously seek to identify, access and manage Human Rights within our sphere of influence. We respect the human rights of all our employees, business partners and other’s. We will not engaged in child /forced labor.
We will not discriminate any job applicant or employee, organization or individual to which we provide services on the grounds of:
- Gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment)
- Race (including ethnic origin, color, nationality and national origin)
- Sexual orientation
- Religion or belief
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate any form of harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination
- All employees will be treated fairly and with respect
- All vacancies will be advertised internally and externally. Selection is based on merits and ability. All selection/ rejection decision will be recorded
- All employees will be guided, motivated and encouraged to develop their full potential.
- All employees have legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to our HR manager.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognized and valued
- Every employee is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment shall be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are made available to all staff
Breaches of our policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary action.
- The policy is fully supported by the management committee and has been agreed with all Head of Department.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually
PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM
Bristol offers additional services to customers that need assistance with their existing or used furniture, in the aim to achieve “zero landfill” goal. This program encompasses the following options: