This warranty is given to the initial end user of new products purchased from Bristol. The warranty is valid for as long as the initial end user owns the product. The warranty, which is non-transferable, runs from the date of manufacture and covers defects in materials and craftsmanship found during normal usage of the products. If a product is defective and if written notice of the defect is given to Bristol within the Applicable Warranty Period, then Bristol at its option will either repair or replace the defective product with a comparable component or product.
|PRODUCTS||APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD|
|Chairs: seating mechanism, adjustable arms, framework, seating foam, chairs gas lift, seating glides and castors.||Five (5) Years|
|Metal or Alloy structures. Covering: Table leg and beam structures, Panel frames and metal tiles only||Five (5) Years|
|Worktops. Covering: Veneer, Laminates, MFC||Three (3) Years|
|Electromechanical components and structure (From 2017 onwards).
Covering: Actuator, control box and desk panels only. Applicable for Vertigo 1.0 & Vertigo 2.0 system
|Five (5) Years|
|Electromechanical components and structure.
Covering: Actuator, control box and desk panels only. Applicable for Vertigo R system
|Two (2) Years|
|Storages such as pedestal, cabinets inclusive of locksets, handles and castors.||One (1) Year|
|Materials such as Fabric and Leather upholstery||Not applicable under warranty|
What is average usage?
The Applicable Warranty Periods for these products assume that the product is used an average of not more than forty hours (40) per week. If a product is used more than this, then the Applicable Warranty Period for it will be reduced in proportion to the increased usage. For example, if the chair is used at an average of eighty (80) hours per week, then the Applicable Warranty Period for it will be two and half (2.5) years.
Bristol does not warrant:
- “Normal wear and tear,” and it does not apply to any product that has been damaged by transportation or that has been altered without Bristol’s express written authorization or to consumable products.
- A product will not be considered defective, and Bristol will not be obligated to repair or replace it, if the product is not installed and used as recommended by Bristol.
- “Customer’s Own Material” (i.e. material specified by the buyer that is not a standard Bristol product offering) used in the manufacture of a Bristol product.
- Any natural variation occurring in occurring in natural materials i.e. wood grain pattern in timber, veneer grain pattern and color match, fabric or leather is not considered a defect under the terms of this warranty.
- Any damage, marking, or staining of veneer surfaces due to contact with rubber or similar compounds; damage from sharp objects or imprinting from writing instruments The matching of color, grain or texture of wood, fabric or leather. This includes changes in surface finishes, including colorfastness, due to aging, exposure to light or direct sunlight and marks, scars, or wrinkles occurring naturally in leather.
- Colorfastness or the matching of colors of textiles or surface finishes, including an exact match to cuttings, samples, or swatch cards.
- Any damage from liquid spillage or water marking.
- Warranty for workstations that have been relocated from initial project site purchase shall be deemed void if the relocation was made without engaging Bristol project team or an appointed installer group.
Bristol may discontinue some fabrics or finishes before expiration of the applicable warranty period.
Product repair or replacement in accordance with this warranty is the buyer’s exclusive remedy for any and all product defects. Bristol shall not have any tort liability with respect to any product, and Bristol shall not be liable for any consequential, economic, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages arising from any product defect.
Except as stated above, Bristol makes no express or implied warranty as to any product. Bristol makes no warranties of merchantability or of fitness for any particular purpose.
What is covered by the warranty?
- During first (1st) year of purchase: Complete warranty, free inspection and labor service.
- 2nd year onwards on the applicable warranty period: Limited warranty, inclusive of part cost. Inspection and labour service may apply.
- After applicable warranty period: Bristol continues to provide service support. Parts and labor shall be sole responsibility of buyer.
- Parts / components that have been serviced during the warranty will follow the warranty period of the original invoice for the product purchased.
Height Adjustable Tables
Vertigo 1.0, Vertigo 2.0, Vertigo R and Kanye Height Adjustable Tables
- All Vertigo 1.0 and 2.0 and Kanye height adjustable tables manufactured before 1 January 2017 are warranted with two (2) years for electromechanical components and five (5) years for structure. The warranty extending to five (5) years for electromechanical components is applicable for Vertigo 1.0 and 2.0 from 1 January 2017 onwards only.
- All Vertigo 1.0 and 2.0 and Kanye height adjustable tables manufactured after 1 January 2017 are warranted with five (5) years for electromechanical components and five (5) years for structure.
- All Vertigo R height adjustable tables are warranted with two (2) years for electromechanical components and two (2) years for structure.
- For special applications and tender specific warranties, please consult your local Bristol representative or email us at [email protected]
- This warranty shall not apply in the event of product defects, failure or loss resulting from the failure on the part of the purchaser to apply, install, configure, reconfigure, unauthorized maintenance or use the products in accordance to the instructions, manual, brochure or any relevant informative documents provided by Bristol. This warranty does not apply to changes in the decibel level of motors or mechanisms utilized in height-adjustable products.
- This warranty shall only cover the height adjustment mechanism of the table, and not other factors such as excessive vibration or noise during the height adjustment operation.
- This warranty is applicable if the products fail under ordinary use which means use of the products in conformance with all applicable local, state, federal or national law codes and regulations (including without limitation building and/or electrical codes) and in accordance with Bristol recommendations and/or instructions in the materials and documentation accompanying the products.
Vertigo Height Adjustment System – With Piezo™ Sensor Protection / Anti – Collision System
This warranty is only applicable to the system if:
- The mains voltage is 230V AC, 50Hz or 120V AC, 60Hz for table with 2 legs and 100-240V AC, 50Hz – 60Hz (universal) for table with 3 or 4 legs.
- The table is reset each time the main power is turned off and the structure is moved (reset is by holding the DOWN button for 3 seconds in minimum height).
- The table is not continuously operated for more than 2 minutes at once.
- The load on the desk is not more than 70kg including the worktop when operate the height adjustment feature.
- The electromechanical components are free from any contact of liquids.
- The user stop operates the height adjustment feature when the table is structurally damage.
Notes of usage:
- The safety sensor reaction will be different based on obstacle placement and form of the obstruction (e. g. if the collision is with a soft object may take longer time to activate).
- The Piezo sensor protection takes 2 second of travel time to activate the sensor, anytime lesser than that the safety sensor will not activate in both upward and down ward movement.
- In reset phase operation the Piezo sensor /Anti-collision system is deactivated automatically, please ensure that’s the space underneath the table structure is free of any obstruction.
- The electromechanical components will produce a louder sound and slower speed during operation when weight on the work surface exceeds 50 Kg. (Note this includes the weight of work surface)
Important:On-site electrical peripheral requirements (Improper electrical setup on site will lead to loss of serviceability and loss of warranty for both electrical components integrated in the tables and the entire structure)
- The operating mains voltage is 230V AC, 50Hz or 120V AC, 60Hz for table with 2 legs and 100-240V AC, 50Hz – 60Hz (universal) for table with 3 or 4 legs.
- Bristol is neither liable nor responsible for any electrical damage or defect caused in the workstation or tables due to improper electrification on site (This will lead to warranty void for Control box, control panels and electromechanical actuators and not limited to entire structure.)
- Bristol is neither liable nor responsible for any other form of damage including body harm to the user or the environment the furniture is placed.
- For areas prone to voltage surge or facilities using generator system as back up electricity, it is highly recommended to use circuit breaker system and other fail safe device at the main distributor box as part of safety protocol to prevent damage to the electromechanical components.
- For areas prone to voltage surge or facilities using generator system as back up electricity, it is highly recommended to use circuit breaker system at the main distributor box as safety protocol to prevent damage to the electromechanical components.
Fabric and leather upholstery
It is acknowledged that fabrics, leathers will show signs of wear and tear with normal use and exposure to local conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals; and will fade and crease. Depending on the covering and the degree of use, the upholstery materials may need to be replaced periodically, at the purchaser’s expense. You further acknowledge and agree that scars, marks, wrinkles, nicks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather and are not to be considered defects. Bristol reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether a component has failed due to wear and tear or a defect. Any item requiring replacement due to wear and tear will be at the purchaser’s expense.
Veneer is a natural product that comes in 4 different major tones (from the lightest to the darkest) and different grains even if it is cut from the same tree. Veneer with different tones can produce slightly different end results when sprayed with the same colour code. The orientation of veneer joints (either book-orientation or slip-orientation) can also contribute to a slight colour variance within the same surface. Therefore, it is important for our customers to understand and agree on the following terms and conditions prior to purchase as to prevent misunderstanding and misperception of the finishing quality of our veneer products.
Veneer colour chart may vary from actual sample as the colour would have become slightly darker after aperiod of 6 months from production date, when exposed to sunlight or electrical light.